As if it was just yesterday, we were out and about ringing in the new year. Valentine’s Day has passed and yet here we are, most of us, still alone—but of course, never lonely (we hope). Graduates who have people in their lives that couldn’t be more proud of them, either eager to find a job or chose to relax for a few months. Then, the summer season arrives, uploading one beach photo after the other, battling the heat with an ice-cold (insert beverage of choice here). And now, the rainy days just gives us a reason to netflix and chill (literally).
With the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives, juggling work, time with friends, family, and everything in between, there are days that you’ll feel empty, there are days where you’ll feel fulfilled and there are days that must happen to you. For your own good. Even if you don’t understand WHY yet.
For this post, we sat down with food and drinks and looked back from January until June. We’re happy to share with you what’s happened in our lives lately, six months in.
S O F I A
1. I’m working two jobs and I like the balance of it. There are times when I get super busy, but I still manage to do it well (so to speak). Unfortunately, I’ll be broke for the next month or so because I’m leaving my job(s) to go somewhere I can really be who I want to be.
2. With the weather being so unpredictable, I wear jackets when the sun decides to burn me and end up forgetting to bring an umbrella when the rain comes down and make me look like a heartbroken girl in a music video, sobbing under the rain.
3. Also because of the weather, I’ve been ordering food/drinks for delivery so I won’t have to leave the office.
4. Grateful for my friends and family who made the Unsent letter #3 (for my 21st birthday-see previous blog post) possible. I read it at 5:30 AM and honestly cried for how sweet and lovely the greetings were. I thank God every day for all of you.
5. I’m slowly packing my things, the ones I’m bringing with me when I move, and the ones I’ll either donate or keep for future use. I never realized how much stuff I had until I tried to fit it in my suitcases.
6. My everyday life has been so much of a routine that I don’t have anything more to share with you guys, except that I’m scared and excited at the same time for the next few months of 2018. I don’t have everything planned out yet but I remain optimistic and still have high hopes despite the unexpected waiting in the wings.
N O E L L E
2018 is the total opposite of 2017. There’s nothing but good stuff in my life this year! While there are little bumps along the way, it’s better than the roadblocks I’ve been dealt with last year. Here are my 2018 highlights so far!
After being so down during the 2nd half of 2017, January greeted me with a bang. I booked LANY concert tickets, this blog was born, and I got a job after a 3-month hiatus! It’s only the first month and I’ve been blessed with all these. Never stop praying guys, even when you’ve already received something that you’ve prayed for.
In an effort to reach some kind of fitness goal this year, I started jogging once a week. I used to hate it because I get dizzy, and get a headache. Now, I’m proud to tell you that I’m getting the hang of it! I’ve probably been doing it wrong all my life but jogging regularly made it easier. It really is true that “consistency is key”.
Here’s my favorite 2018 moment: I went to Lany’s concert! (Read Lany blog here) Clearly, there’s no regret here. My first few paychecks were dedicated to the three days I went to Manila with friends. After the concert, we went to the Chroma music festival, thanks to my cutie friend, Pau! Then we watched the UAAP volleyball games and saw the women’s volleyball team of the different schools. This weekend consisted of a lot of firsts and everything is just memorable.
That’s about it, really. All that’s left to say is I’m excited for the second half of 2018! I’ve got some plans already but I’m still praying to ask for guidance on whether or not I should go for it. What I learned so far is that if there is something you want to do, just do it. Shut out all “what if” and “I can’t” thoughts because you are amazing and you can do anything! You never know, it’s that one little decision that could generate a big change in your life. Believe in yourself and trust the process.
Always keep your sunny side up!
Sofia & Noelle ♡
Two Girls Under The Sun